"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" -Benjamin Franklin

Thursday, December 30, 2010

(Happy?) New Year

Tomorrow is new years eve, and I'll probably be asleep before midnight.  I really don't care.  How did this even become an event/holiday?  Is there anyone that actually believes that Jan.1 will be any fuckin' different from Dec. 31?  Sure, you gotta spend a couple of weeks trying to remember to write 2011 on your checks, but what the hell is really gonna change?  Does anyone actually stick to their new years resolutions?  I'm gonna lose weight- I'm gonna be a better person- I'm gonna stop smoking- I'm gonna quit drinking- BULLSHIT!  Do you really believe that anything is gonna change because you wore a silly hat, got drunk, and yelled 'whoo-hoo' at 12:00:01?  In fact, you're gonna start your 'new' year with a hangover- sounds like a pretty shitty start to me.  I've got some things I'd like to accomplish in 2011, but I'm not making any new years resolutions.  2010 sucked, 2009 was no fuckin' prize, and I'm not holding out much hope for 2011.  I can tell you some things that I'm pretty sure will happen in 2011, and these are not some kind of fancy Nostradamus-like predictions- they're pretty easy to see coming.  People will get dumber (happens every year).  The Government will fuck us some more (also happens every year).  We'll all get older- I'm lookin' at 44 in February.  I'll get angrier and more bitter (that happens every year too).  So Happy Fuckin' New Year, I'm off to spend 40 minutes or so on the eliptical- No, it wasn't a resolution, just something I started doing a year and a half or so ago to try to fend off the Grim Reaper.

No comments:

Post a Comment