"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" -Benjamin Franklin

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Good Riddance 2010

2010 has been a pretty shitty year in my opinion.  The economy still sucks- I know things have gotten better in some parts of the country, but not here in Georgia.  As of November, Georgia's unemployment rate is still over 10%- this certainly doesn't help my business.  Tattoos are a luxury item- I'm not selling food or gas or something else that people can't live without.  This time last year, I almost had to close my shop.  The only thing that saved me was the fact that my landlords lowered my rent in an attempt to help keep me open.  They knew that if I left, they would just end up with one more empty, un-rentable space in the strip.  I have also been a good tenant for almost 9 years, who doesn't cause any problems and always pays the rent on time.  Somehow in this shitty economy, the shitbag hipsters still think that it's a good idea to keep opening more and more tattoo shops, doing cheap shitty tattoos for cheap ass customers.  A shitty economy creates 'price shoppers'.  People looking for the cheapest price on tattoos- they're uneducated consumers who don't care about quality- they just want to get heavily tattooed for as little money as possible.  I do good tattoos, and good tattoos don't come cheap- my time and expertise is worth a certain amount of money, and I will not do bargain tattoos and lower myself to the level of the shit shops.  I actually have people ask me for prices on tattoos and say things like, "Now, I don't make a lot of money".  You know what motherfucker, because of cheap ass, low class people like you, I don't make a lot of money anymore either!
Last week, my car broke down, costing me just under 1 thousand dollars to fix- I suppose I can't complain too much as I have gotten just over 100,000 relatively problem free miles out of her, but that $1000 was still a big hit to the wallet.  I also spent the whole week all sick and fucked up with some horrible stomach bug.  Merry Fuckin' Christmas.
There's also the fact that we have an anti-capitalist president that wants to tax us all to death to support people that don't work for a living.  One more thing that is most certainly not helping my business.
There are other things that made 2010 a pretty shitty year, but I am not going to discuss my personal life in a freakin' blog.
So, 2010, you can go fuck yourself!  Hopefully 2011 will be a better year- I'm not sure how, but I guess I can hope.  Hell, our president won an election on 'hope'.

No comments:

Post a Comment