Last night one of my best friends in the world was killed in a motorcycle wreck. I was awakened by my friend Kevin at 6:30 this morning with the awful news, then got on the phone to call some other people and ruin their days with the news. It's been an hour and a half now, and it's really just starting to sink in. This shit really sucks. I've known Jamie for the last 15 or so years, and he was one of the best friends I ever had, and one of the funniest people I ever knew. Jamie was a big man with a big heart and the most infectious laugh you would ever hear. I really don't even know what else to say at this point except that I love you and you will be remembered and missed my friend.
Friday, May 20, 2011
Did this deck a while ago, but couldn't post it due to the fact that it was commissioned as a birthday gift for someone. So, now I can post it:
And, here's a pic of the happy recipient:
Here's a small tattoo I did yesterday. This may be one of the last tattoos I do on earth unless I can convince the Nuwaubians to let me bring my tattoo equipment on the mothership.
Posted by DaveGCF at 12:40 PM
Thursday, May 19, 2011
With the end of the world coming on Saturday, I have decided to join a cult. Specifically one that believes that aliens will come and take us away. I have decided to join the Nuwaubians. Years ago, Jamie and I drove past their compound here in Georgia. Sadly, the compound is gone, including the pyramids and sphinx they built. I spent some time yesterday reading about them, and the more you read, the crazier they get, so this is definitely the cult for me. I may have some trouble joining as they don't particularly care for white folks. Apparently the Nuwaubians are still around despite the fact that their leader, Malachi Z York (born Dwight York), is serving a 135 year sentence for multiple RICO and child molestation charges. Here's an overhead shot of the Nuwaubian complex in Georgia, clearly showing the Pyramids- I gotta say, it's pretty sweet.
Now, lets get to the crazy. Here are some of the Nuwaubian beliefs:
- Time has been tampered with: It used to both 'Tick' and 'Tock', now it only 'Ticks'
- Black people used to be green, but their skin rusted in earths atmosphere.
- in 1952, extraterrestrial Andromedeans that resembled the Predator met with and frightened U.S. President Harry S. Truman. Other extraterrestrials have been trading with Earth since the Eisenhower administration, and are responsible for giving us technologies ranging from the polio vaccine to the hula hoop.
- The Earth is hollow and contains cities populated by different species of people, such as the Deros, the Teros, the Flugelrods, the Duwanis, the Dunakial, and the Anunnaqi.
- The Pyramids of Egypt are, among other things, electromagnetic antennas that create standing columnar waves of tachyon energy to prevent the wobbling of the Earth.
- The Illuminati have nurtured a child, Satan's son, who was born on 6 June 1966 at the Dakota House on 72nd Street in New York to Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis. The Pope was present at the birth and performed necromantic ceremonies. The child was raised by former U.S. president Richard Nixon and now lives in Belgium, where it is hooked up bodily to a computer called “The Beast 3M”
- Humans are missing an important part of their brains, the “barathary gland,” which once enabled various forms of extra-sensory perception, or, as it would be, normal sensory perception that is currently disabled in humans
- Tyrannosaurus Rex evolved from extra-terrestrial greys
I could continue, but I think ya get the general idea of just how bat-shit crazy these people are. Old king of the crazies, Dwight York, now says that he is a Moorish-Cherokee and is now going by the name Chief Black Eagle. His followers have switched from dressing as ancient Egyptians to wearing the clothing of Native Americans. I suppose tee-pees are also much easier to construct than pyramids.
So, before the world ends, I will be converting to Nuwaubianism. I'm not sure if I should dress like an Egyptian or an Indian, but I'm getting on the Mothership, Bitches!
Posted by DaveGCF at 4:01 PM
So, it's been a month since my last blog update. I really need to get back to blabbering on this thing on more of a regular basis, but have had other things to do, namely watching Battlestar Galactica. I watched the entire series again over the last month- somewhere in the neighborhood of 65 hours of BSG goodness. It was great the first time I watched it (about a year or so ago) and was just as good if not better the second time around. Here's a little message for all you Star Wars fan boys and fan girls- Fuck Your Jedi! Admiral Adama and Kara Thrace would eat those half-fags with their mind tricks alive and then get drunk.
As I write this, I'm sipping a glass of Bookers 127 proof bourbon on the rocks. No, it's not gonna be another drunken blog entry. Like I said, I'm an adult and I drink like an adult. They should though change the name of this stuff to Bookers Sleepy Time- I might as well be drinking a glass of Nyquil on the rocks- It'll have the same result.
Let's see what's happened in the last month...
I rearranged a bunch of stuff at the shop. I've been looking at the same flash on the front wall of the shop for the last 9 years- it used to be 'seller' flash. The dopey TV shows have convinced people that you should never get anything 'off the wall'. So, now every customer comes in and says "I don't want anything off the wall", then describes something that you have on at least a dozen sheets of flash. Or, they show you a picture on their phone, which is usually an image from the first page of google images- why not just get something off the wall? That star with swirlys you just showed me on your phone has been done about a million times. Sure, I'm gonna freehand it, so it'll be a little different, but it's still a fucking star with swirlys! OK, I got sidetracked. The thing I was getting to is that I changed all the flash on the front wall. I hung a bunch of cool flash that I've collected over the years. I figured if people aren't even gonna look at the walls, I might as well put up stuff that I want to look at all day. I also hung up a bunch of arts that I made. That's right, I said 'arts'. Why? Because it's just stupid enough to make me chuckle every time. A bunch of pinstriped skate decks and assorted goodies, and they're all for sale.
Here's a few tattoos I did recently:
Yesterday I bought Socom 4, so I think that it might just be time to go kill some enemies of America.
One more thing, I almost forgot to mention, I shaved my beard on Monday. Monday night, I decided that it had been the wrong day to shave as it was kind of a chilly ride home and my face was cold.
Posted by DaveGCF at 12:02 AM