"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" -Benjamin Franklin

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Tattoos, Arts, and BSG

So, it's been a month since my last blog update.  I really need to get back to blabbering on this thing on more of a regular basis, but have had other things to do, namely watching Battlestar Galactica.  I watched the entire series again over the last month- somewhere in the neighborhood of 65 hours of BSG goodness.  It was great the first time I watched it (about a year or so ago) and was just as good if not better the second time around.  Here's a little message for all you Star Wars fan boys and fan girls- Fuck Your Jedi!  Admiral Adama and Kara Thrace would eat those half-fags with their mind tricks alive and then get drunk.
As I write this, I'm sipping a glass of Bookers 127 proof bourbon on the rocks.  No, it's not gonna be another drunken blog entry.  Like I said, I'm an adult and I drink like an adult.  They should though change the name of this stuff  to Bookers Sleepy Time- I might as well be drinking a glass of Nyquil on the rocks- It'll have the same result.
Let's see what's happened in the last month...
I rearranged a bunch of stuff at the shop.  I've been looking at the same flash on the front wall of the shop for the last 9 years- it used to be 'seller' flash.  The dopey TV shows have convinced people that you should never get anything 'off the wall'.  So, now every customer comes in and says "I don't want anything off the wall", then describes something that you have on at least a dozen sheets of flash.  Or, they show you a picture on their phone, which is usually an image from the first page of google images- why not just get something off the wall?  That star with swirlys you just showed me on your phone has been done about a million times.  Sure, I'm gonna freehand it, so it'll be a little different, but it's still  a fucking star with swirlys!  OK, I got sidetracked.  The thing I was getting to is that I changed all the flash on the front wall.  I hung a bunch of cool flash that I've collected over the years.  I figured if people aren't even gonna look at the walls, I might as well put up stuff that I want to look at all day.  I also hung up a bunch of arts that I made.  That's right, I said 'arts'.  Why?  Because it's just stupid enough to make me chuckle every time.  A bunch of pinstriped skate decks and assorted goodies, and they're all for sale.




Here's a few tattoos I did recently:




Yesterday I bought Socom 4, so I think that it might just be time to go kill some enemies of America.

One more thing, I almost forgot to mention, I shaved my beard on Monday.  Monday night, I decided that it had been the wrong day to shave as it was kind of a chilly ride home and my face was cold.







No comments:

Post a Comment