"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" -Benjamin Franklin

Saturday, November 20, 2010

Eagles, Toilets, and Popcorn...Oh My.

Started this eagle rib panel last night- lots of fun.  Guy sat like a rock, so I got this thing lined in just under an hour and a half.


Painted a toilet seat for a guy I know.  Actually I'm pretty sure it's for his wife- unless he has a secret alter ego that I haven't met.


The last time I bought Girl Scout cookies, I got them from a large black man that was in my tattoo chair, so I guess that it's only appropriate that I purchased some Boy Scout popcorn from a tall white guy in a leather vest, riding a Road King.  I remember when the Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts of America actually sold their treats themselves- now their parents do all the selling.  The popcorn is actually quite tasty- I got the Chocolate Caramel Crunch, but the Boy Scouts really need to take some packaging clues from the Girl Scouts.  I don't think the packages of Girl Scout Cookies have changed in at least 20 years- aside from the fact that they keep changing the inner trays to hold less and less cookies each year, but at least the boxes look like a box of cookies.  The first thing that popped into my head when I saw the bag of popcorn from the Boy Scouts was DOG FOOD.  Even the color choices remind me of a bag of dog food.  To prove my point, I did a little quick photoshopping....

No comments:

Post a Comment