"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" -Benjamin Franklin

Thursday, July 29, 2010

You are entitled to...NOTHING!

Well, that's not entirely true.  You are entitled to 3 things- Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness.  That's what it says in the Declaration of Independence.  Beyond that, you're entitled to NOTHING!  I don't care what race you are, what religion you belong to, or who you know.  Why in the year 2010, anyone in America should be given preferential treatment based on race or religion is beyond me.  I work hard to make a living and support my family- in fact, I've been working steadily since I graduated college in 1989. Before that, I had summer jobs and after school jobs.  My parents were working class people, and if I didn't work, I knew that I wouldn't have money for things I wanted, so I worked.  I washed dishes, I cleared tables, I worked as a janitor in the same elementary school that I went to as a child, I took whatever job was available.  There are a lot of people in this country that don't want to work for a living.  They're spoiled.  They've been spoiled by our federal government.  They would rather collect unemployment than actually work for a living.  Now, before you get all hot and bothered and tell me that there aren't any jobs and the economy sucks, I'm gonna tell you that there are jobs for people that are willing to work.  It may not be the job that you want, or the job that you're trained for, but it's a JOB.  It pays, and even if it's working at Burger King, it's gotta feel better than leeching off the rest of us.  The Government doesn't pay for your unemployment- I DO!  As do all the other hard working Americans, and a lot of us are tired of it.  I have a hard enough time supporting my family, I'm sure as hell not gonna be happy about supporting people that I don't even know.  And, the hard truth is that if I don't know you, I don't care.  That may sound cold, but if you're not related to me or a friend of mine, I don't really care what happens to you.  This is the only country in the world where people that are considered 'poor' have cell phones, SUV's and big screen TV's.  Everywhere else in the world, the poor are worried about things like if they're gonna eat today, and where they're gonna sleep, not if their cell phone network is down.  Now, on to the Race and Religion thing I mentioned earlier- Affirmative Action- what a giant ball of shit that is.  Why should any employer be forced to hire X number of whatever race of people?  The job should always go to the most qualified person- the one that will be a benefit to your business and help it grow- whatever race or religion that person is.  The government has no right to tell anyone that they have to hire a less qualified person to meet some quota.  And if in this day and age, a business owner wants to discriminate against some race or religion and not hire that person because he doesn't like them, that sucks, but it's their right to run their business however they want.  If they don't hire the most qualified person based solely on the fact that they don't like that person's color or beliefs, that's their loss.  Because of our government's policies, we now have generations of people that believe that they should be given more than what they have earned because they are a minority.  Free food, free healthcare, free childcare, a free fuckin' ride- BULLSHIT!  Things need to change, people are getting pissed off, and if you are angry about these things and you actually voice your opinions, the Left jumps up and calls you a Racist.  I'm not a racist, I just don't want to take care of people that I don't know.  But, I don't have a choice.  The government has decided that they are going to seize my hard earned money and give it away.  How exactly does that constitute a right to the pursuit of happiness?  I would be much happier keeping the money I earn.

***I wrote this a couple of hours ago, then I had a customer come in and had to stop typing to do my job.  Reading it now, I see that I was ranting somewhat, but that's OK.  When I write this blog, I don't think too much about what I'm going to say- I prefer for it to sound like I sound when I'm going on about something in person.  So, if you don't like it- I don't care- sue me, or better yet tax me- isn't that what I'm all pissed off about anyway?***

One more thing:  Support The FairTax- http//www.fairtax.org

No comments:

Post a Comment