"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" -Benjamin Franklin

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Bloggity, Blog, Blog, Blog

So, at 43 years of age, I have decided to start a blog.  Isn't blogging for young kids in tight pants with stupid haircuts?  There are a few reasons for my starting a blog now.  The first is that I have a whole bunch of stuff that I do and a whole lotta crap that I sell, and a blog is a free way to advertise all that stuff.  Another reason is that it's a place for me to talk about what I'm working on and post pictures of my progress (or non-progress).  I also like to rant and rave about things, and I can do that here.  I will probably end up talking about politics, punk rock, tattooing and the tattoo industry a whole lot.  Most likely, I will say some things that people don't like, don't want to hear, or don't agree with.  That's fine.  If you don't care for something you read here, you don't have to keep reading- but don't complain to me, 'cause I just plain don't give a crap.  Some other topics that will come up often are pinstriping, painting, motorcycles, horror movies, 60's and 70's reggae, and whatever else is rattling around in my head.
A little bit about me-
I've been a tattooer since 1997 (I said tattooer, not tattoo artist- we'll cover that later).  I own Good Clean Fun Tattoo Studio in Snellville, Georgia.  The shop has been open since 1997.  I have a BFA in Illustration from the School of Visual Arts, and worked in advertising and as a freelance illustrator before I started tattooing for a living.  I am definitely NOT what you would consider PC.  I am a Libertarian.  I believe that our president is hell-bent on destroying America.  I'm kinda a science-fiction geek.  I smoke- sometimes I smoke a pipe.  I drink gin, beer, and absinthe with the occasional caipirinha thrown in.  I believe that marijuana should be legalized, but that all other drugs (heroin, cocaine, methamphetamine, etc) should carry harsher penalties under the law than they do now.  Sometimes I have a beard- right now, I do not.  I have a chip on my shoulder (literally).  I drink A LOT of coffee.

OK, so here's something I just finished.  Hand Painted Pinstriped Skate Deck (and it could be yours for $150).  This would look great on any wall.
There's lots of other cool hand painted stuff for sale at My Striping Site

No comments:

Post a Comment