"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" -Benjamin Franklin

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Helmet and a little bitchin'

Sorry folks, didn't watch Best Ink last night, but not to worry, I have it recorded and will watch it tonight....

Painted this helmet the other day- shitty pics.  It looks unfinished because it is.  It needs to be cleared, then I'm gonna add some stripes....


As promised, here's a sneak peek at some of the stupid (and when I say 'stupid', I mean SUPER AWESOME), designs we will be offering this Saturday.  We will ONLY be tattooing off of these 2 sheets of flash that day, so If you want a butterfly or you're girlfriend's name, please don't come in, you will only be disappointed.  If you want to get a SUPER AWESOME STUPID TATTOO in celebration of 15 years of Good Clean Fun, then we'll see ya there.

 
 Now for some bitchin...
Last week a kid at my child's school pushed down 2 other children and stomped on them until the PE teacher stopped it.  One of the children suffered a broken leg.  Here's a link to the news story:

Boys Says Bully Caused Broken Leg at School: MyFoxATLANTA.com


What I want to know is why was this child allowed to stay at this school?  I don't know what punishment was given to the child, but expulsion should have been on the damn list.  Not only was this child allowed to stay in school, but they have moved him to my daughter's class?!!  My daughter had issues involving verbal bullying with this same kid when they were both in the same 2nd grade class.  Obviously, this kid is a bad kid- he's probably got shitty parents too.  I think that they have allowed this child to stay in the school because there are only 6 weeks left in the school year, then he (along with the rest of the 5th graders) will be going on to middle school, and won't be the problem of Pharr Elementary anymore. They don't want to deal with the trouble or possible repercussions of tossing this kid out on his ass. Well, he is your problem, and when he hurts another kid at a different school, people like me will be asking why appropriate actions weren't taken after the first incident.  I am trying to find email addresses of Gwinnett County school administrators so that I can let them know exactly how I feel about this situation.

Stay tuned for my Best Ink coverage....


1 comment:

  1. My daughter dealt with bullying bullshit all this year as well. However, her's turned physical! I feel just like you do...EXPELL!!!! I know where this child lives, and it's hard for me not to make an appearance at her front door. I know my fist wants to meet her parents' faces personally! And why does it always seem that the nicest kids with superior potential are the ones that get bullied!? It's such bullshit!

    ReplyDelete