"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" -Benjamin Franklin

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Tattooing, Striping, Bitching....

Been a long time since I blogged last.  I'm sure you've all missed me terribly.
Got the shop all fixed up after the rain/flood disaster- only had to close for 3 days, so all in all it wasn't as bad as it could have been.
I was supposed to go out to Seattle for the tattoo convention- I love Seattle.  Had to cancel my trip due to the fact that my Dad ended up in the hospital having a pacemaker put in.  He's doing well, so again, nowhere near as bad as it could have been.
I'm still fed up with the government and our commie leader- nothing's changed there.
Finally finished up the benefit for Jamie's Mom- managed to raise a little over $7000, not too bad.  Big thanks to everyone that donated items/services and or bought stuff.  A big fuck you to a couple of people that didn't bother paying for the items they won- you know who you are.
I'm still disgusted with the tattoo industry and what we've allowed it to become.  I love what I do, but I'm at the point where I question whether or not I want to do it anymore- I just don't know what else I could do.  After 18 years of tattooing, you kinda become what you do.  Do any job long enough and it becomes what you are.  I'm a tattooer.
I'm pretty tired of listening to douchebags with big ass tattoo ideas.  All of these fuckholes come in my shop talking about the sleeves and back pieces they want and about how they want to get 'all tatted up'.  But ask 'em to leave a fuckin' deposit and they're out the door.  I'm not here to be your fuckin' friend and I'm not here to listen to your idiotic tattoo ideas- I'm trying to make a living, so if you're not serious about getting tattooed, then go fuckin' bother someone else and stop wasting my goddamn time.  There was a time when the people that came into the studio were there to get tattooed, now they're just talking shit and price shopping.  Only an hour into the day and I've already talked to 2 of these people today, and the first one was coked out of his mind and wouldn't shut the fuck up.
Did a little striping last week.  Painted this skate deck- wanted to do a very art nouveau kinda thing with it:


Got bored and striped my power unit at work:


Jason (Earl), got a pink helmet with some giant ass flake in it, so I did some sweet roses on it for him:


I have, of course, also been doing some tattooing (remember, it's what I do/am?)









***I wrote this blog entry yesterday, then never hit the publish button, so here it is a day late***







No comments:

Post a Comment