"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" -Benjamin Franklin

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Start of a Helmet

Started this helmet last night.  I started with a loose sketch of what I wanted to do- some kinda crazy spider skull thing.


Then I painted some webs:



Then I laid down an Emerald Green base color for the spider.



That's as far as I got on this last night.  I'll probably get it finished up in the next week or so, but I picked up a couple of projects today, so the helmet will have to wait.  The first is the 'Sand Bastard' bike.  I picked up the painted tins from Jailhouse Choppers this morning (I'll post pics as I work on this one).  While I was there, I got talked into painting a trophy for this weekend's 'Hell On Wheels' show, so I guess I'll be working on that tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment